Week 10: Image Objects 2
This week we will learn about:
- International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) and software tools that support IIIF.
Weekly Learning Objectives
- explain the purpose of IIIF
- identify use cases for IIIF functionality in digital libraries and digital scholarly projects
- use a IIIF-enabled image viewer
- install and run the cantaloupe IIIF image server.
Before class: Readings, resources, and tasks
More digitization guidelines and best practices:
Images in research
- READ: Please complete the readings outlined above by: Thursday, 5pm.
- DISCUSS: Please complete this week’s discussion by: Thursday, 5pm.