Week 9: Image Objects 1
This week we will learn about:
- raster graphics (i.e., bitmap images) and vector graphics
- image file formats
- color profiles
- Batch processing in Photoshop
Weekly Learning Objectives
- define raster graphics.
- define vector graphics.
- describe the difference between raster graphics and vector graphics and use cases for each.
- describe the characteristics of different types of image file formats (e.g., GIF, JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, TIFF).
- define color profiles and explain how and why they are used.
- use ImageMagick to convert and manipulate image files.
- use Photoshop to perform a batch conversion of a set of image files.
Before class: Readings, resources, and tasks