Week 12: CollectionBuilder: Deployment, Advanced Topics, and Extras
This week we will learn about:
- CollectionBuilder (CB) deployment options
- Advanced CB options
Weekly Learning Objectives
- build your CollectionBuilder site using Jekyll.
- configure to include a TimelineJS timeline.
- repurpose the standard CB timeline.
- change default site language.
- create new cloud pages.
Before class: Readings, resources, and tasks
- Read the following sections from the CollectionBuilder documentation and try out some of the configuration options with your own site. Don’t just read the pages below, but follow the links on each page to read the all the subsections as well:
- Install Ruby
- Install Jekyll
There will be no discussion this week, but you should post questions or insights about your work with your CollectionBuilder site to our Technical questions and help discussion.
Class time will be devoted to working on your final projects and enhancing your CollectionBuilder project with the configuration and page-building techniques that we are learning about this week.